Antioxidants replace half of water with electronic rich aromatic rings, a good energy acceptor.
It has been found that grapes are particularly rich in bioactive flavonoids and the highest quantities are present in the seeds and skin; These flavonoids are predominantly OPCs, oligomers of catechin, epicatechin, and epicatechin-3-gallate, as well as the individual monomers; In the skin of red grapes, large amounts of anthocyanins and resveratrol are found.So, please eat red grapes and apples if possible to intake more antioxidants!
- Plasma oxidative stress status was significantly lowered by 10.1% with OPC-3.
- All major cardiovascular risk factors were improved with blood pressure, total cholesterol, and fasting blood glucose lowered.
- OPC-3 significantly improved endothelial function as evaluated by increased vasorelaxation in reactive hyperemia and enhanced diastolic carotid artery flow.
- Skin microcirculation was enhanced, and better tissue perfusion led to significantly increased transcutaneous oxygen partial pressure and decreased pCO2.
- A dramatic and significant plasma C-reactive protein decrease by 52.1% occurred.